PRECISION RACE TEAM
IRONMAN UK & EMEA No. 1 Team 2019
Weekly Team Session Schedule
Our current team sessions are:
Our current Team Training Schedule looks like this;
- Monday 07.00 - Unstructured team swim meet up, Godalming leisure centre
- Monday 19.00, Farncombe Cricket Club Car Par, - Easy Recovery run around godalming
- Tuesday 6.30 (Team Turbo Session)) - Turbo 1hr-1hr30 (just a meet up and you do your structured session your coach has provided but you all do it together).
- Wednesday 06.30, Charterhouse Athletics Track, All running the same session at your threshold pace.
- Thursday Race 19.00 (RGT & Discord) Community Virtual Race. - This is weight doped to 3.2 watts per kilo to normalise everyone's power. There is a different invite link every week. The way we run RGT - its free to join and no need to pay the premium membership.
- Friday 06.00, Godalming Leisure Centre, Team Structured Swim
- Saturday - Squad Endurance ride. This happens In. Real. Life. and departs from several different places (Cobham, Snooty Fox, Richmond Park) depending on where we are riding and if the weather is pants, you will always find a dozen or so online.
In October 2010 Will founded a new team ONE Triathlon RDS. Starting with only a handful of athletes the team grew to around 150 members with an active contingent of around 80 athletes, of which over 40 have achieved selection for Great Britain Age Group Triathlon and Duathlon teams at World and European level from which a number have medalled. Furthermore 2012 saw the first National honours for the team with the women taking bronze at the National Relay Championships.
The team focused heavily on the World Championships in London 2013 for which we achieved 19 representations in the Great Britain AG team. More than any other team has ever achieved. Currently the squad is continuing to send a large number of representatives to race for GB AG or at a high level across all disciplines from Sprint to Ironman.
In 2014 the squad was voted Triathlon Club of the Year at the 220 TriathlonAwards.
The core values of the team are performance, team spirit and community. The squad has a fixed structure of sessions designed by Will which are constantly being added to as the team develops. All athletes are encourage to give their all to the sessions they attend but also to support each other on all issue multi-sport related.
In 2018 we rebranded our development squad to Precision Race Team. The values and high standard of performance and competition remain the same. We consider the squad a centre for Excellence - a place where the top 5% within their age groups can thrive and work together to push and support each other. Weekly training sessions together and squad races throughout the year keeps our athletes motivated and centered around training in a competitive and supportive environment to develop the highest calibre of amateur triathletes.
Over the last two years we have enjoyed considerable success with becoming UK and EMEA IRONMAN 2019 No. 1 Team.
2020 was of course a mixed year for the team with some early success at IRONMAN 70.3 Oman before the world was plunged into lockdowns to combat COVID-19. The team however, continued to thrive with the community becoming tighter than ever utilising online services and new technology like RGT Cycling.
2021 is full of new promise. The early part of the year of course is still tricky but there is a good degree of confidence for mid-season races and beyond.
If you want to get involved get in touch here.